Monday, September 21, 2009

Till We Have Faces by C.S. Lewis

I had not read a C.S. Lewis novel before, and as I was looking up quotes from him I was quite struck by the Christian element in his writing.

And so Till We Have Faces appears to be a book quite a lot about faith, but in a new way, in that is doesn't just endorse blind faith as a way of life, but tries to show how it can help people deal with the trials and injustices of life. The book itself is based on the story of Cupid and Psyche.

Silent Prayer is my greatest Weapon
- Mahatma Gandhi

Lest there be any confusion, I myself am agnostic, yet after reading this book I am seriously considering taking up some form of belief and faith, just because it helps sweep so much unnecessary guilt/fretting/worrying under the rug. How helpful it is to believe something greater is working for you, that is what every human needs. And that is what this book shows.

No comments: