Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Genome War by James Shreeve

After reading the biography of Craig Venter which featured the race to sequence the human genome, I then read the Genome War to get an unbiased account, and possibly more information.

I do think that the genome war provides both, and gives a lot more background information of all the key players including those who worked for Venter and those who worked for the other side with the Human Genome Project. I learned of several new business men, and several new papers published at the time which I will follow up on. Particularly those which deals with all the new computer science, bioinformatics if you will, which was founded at the time.

As a final note I will say that Venter's account of the war is better written and easier to understand. Had I not read Venter's book first, this whole book would have made much less sense.

No comments: