Monday, August 10, 2009

Model Behavior by Jay McInerney

Model Behavior is a novel which gives us the inside look of what an artists life might be like living in New York City. The narrator and hero of the story is a "casualty of privilege" trying to make a living as a celeb magazine writer --which he hates-- while also patching together a relationship with a model.

I found the book interesting for its fast paced dialogue that was often viperous or alluded to irony. These weren't idiots talking. And it was clearly a world that McInerney knows and is bringing to us.

When the novel ended, I felt happy, like I knew what it would be like living the high social life in New York city, and that I wasn't really missing that much...maybe more a factor of my current age than anything though.

No comments: